- Books and More
- Teen Zone
- Teen Programming
- Teen Summer Reading Club
- Award Lists
- Homework Help
- Health and Well-being
- Reading Rants
- Volunteer Portal
- About MRRL
Submitted by Children on Thu, 05/17/2012 - 11:18
Cryptid Hunters by Roland Smith
In this thrilling new adventure from the author of "Zach's Lie," 13-year-old twins Grace and Marty are sent to live with their anthropologist uncle and discover that he's obsessed with finding cryptids, mysterious creatures believed to be long extinct.
- What does Marty make for breakfast in the Skyhouse? Who once lived in the Skyhouse?
- What happened to Rose?
- What does Butch McCall steal from Marty’s pack?
- What two precious objects do the twins discover near the lake?
- Who is Masalito?
- Who is PD?
- What is a Mokélé-mbembé?
- What does the Bo cam do?
- How did Grace disrupt Butch McCall’s camp?
- Why don’t the bugs bite Grace like they do Marty?
- How did Marty and Masalito communicate?
- How is the grey parrot important to Grace?
- Why does no one question Noah Blackwood about his “conservation adventures”?
- What does the GIZMO do?
- Why did Wolfe pay for the twin’s education at the boarding school?
- What’s the most important piece of information Grace overhears and finds out when she is hidden amongst the books, in Wolfe’s library?
- What happened to Marty when he was exploring Cryptos Island?
- What do Grace and Mr. O’Hara use the Moleskines for?
- What six character traits does Marty have that makes the story work?
- How is Laurel important to the story?
- Who is more clever Grace or Marty?
- Are the O’Haras dead?
- Would you like to travel through the Congo?
- What will happen to the twins now?
- Do you believe in the existence of animals described in the Cryptid Hunters? Why or why not?
- If you could go on an expedition to find a “cryptid,” which one would you like to prove actually exists?
- How can the use of technology help in discovering endangered species? Is there a way it can hurt?
- Why do you think Grace felt so different once she reached the Congo?
- When did you begin to realize that there might be a “secret” about their relationship that the twins never knew about?
- Why do you think siblings within a family take on certain roles, such as Marty being the protector for Grace? Can you recognize roles within your family?