- Books and More
- Teen Zone
- Teen Programming
- Teen Summer Reading Club
- Award Lists
- Homework Help
- Health and Well-being
- Reading Rants
- Volunteer Portal
- About MRRL
Homebound Services Policy
In order to ensure that all citizens of Cole and Osage Counties have access to basic library services, Missouri River Regional Library offers delivery of books and other library materials to patrons who are unable to visit a library facility due to illness or physical limitation.
Approved July 20, 2010
Patrons must meet one of the following criteria to qualify for homebound service:
- A permanent physical condition that prohibits a person from safely visiting the library.
- A temporary health situation (medical leave due to surgery, etc.) that prohibits a person from safely visiting the library. Service will be provided until recovery is complete.
- Residency in a nursing care facility, whether temporary or permanent.
- Health conditions associated with the elderly that make a person unable to safely visit the library.
- A medical or caregiver’s certification may be required to receive homebound service.
- Outreach Services staff hold sole responsibility for delivering or mailing library materials to homebound patrons.
- Outreach Services staff will, after an initial consultation with the patron, gather library materials for individuals based on their interests and special requests.
- Materials are checked out on the patron’s library card.
- Materials are delivered and picked up at the request of the homebound patron.
- Under special circumstances, materials may be mailed to individual patrons by Outreach Services staff. Patrons are responsible for returning the material to the library through the mail or to a library facility or dropbox if the patron is not on a regular library delivery schedule.
- Overdue fines are not charged to homebound patrons, but patrons are expected to have materials available for pickup and return in a timely fashion.
- Homebound patrons are responsible for fees associated with lost or damaged items.